In order to keep the forums running well and to prevent problems, please follow these simple rules of forum etiquette.
We tend to keep Vivvo forums a place where people will solve problems, exchange ideas, share tips and tricks, and also express both their positive and negative impressions of Vivvo or Vivvo related services and service providers. Please, remember that Vivvo forums are not an official support channel
, therefore if you’re having an urgent problem you need to solve, please use of official HelpDesk
ticketing system rather than waiting for someone to reply to your thread.
At Vivvo forums we encourage you to be yourself. We respect you, and we ask that you respect others. So, before you hit the Submit button, please think about your post a little, and ask yourself whether you'd allow it to appear on your own site or forum. Also ask whether your post may cause other members to feel disrespected or insulted.
Please remember, that access to our support forums is a privilege and not a right! A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system.
Marketplace Forum, Advertising Services and Solicitation
- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters. If you have a dispute with another member, please keep the matter private! You came here to learn and help others, and so did the other members here. If you feel that a dispute you're having with another member has the potential to affect others in the Community, let a moderator know via PM.
- Advertising (outside the Marketplace forum), spamming and trolling are not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members. Doing so will result in instant ban, without the prior warning.
- We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature or violate our community standards. The team of moderators shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed, and will result in single warning. Successive attempt will result in permanent ban.
- While we are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations about competitor's products, we will not tolerate blatant adverts or blatant bashing of other products.
- We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
- If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also post an English translation of your post.
- You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
- Don't Bump Threads! Sometimes, your thread just won't get the attention you hoped it would. Don't just make an empty post to the same thread to "bump" it back up to the top of the forum.
If you're looking to find a service, or you need help for a website/project, you can list your project and solicit the services or assistance of other members on this Forum.
If you’re a service provider – use this forum to announce your services. Only one thread per person/company is allowed
for advertising Vivvo-related services and products (such as templates, plug-ins, and other downloadable goods).
You're allowed to advertise your services only on Marketplace forum if someone explicitly asks for a paid service. Otherwise, on other parts of the forum, soliciting, offering and advertising for paid services is not allowed.
We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations.
Remember, you should never give out your Vivvo license number or password to anyone, and you should not disclose server logins and/or passwords to anyone except through the Vivvo support system. We cannot take responsibility if you disclose this information to anyone else.
Links in signatures, and size of signatures must follow these guidelines:
- Linking to a commercial product/service is fine, provided it is not a product or service that competes with a product or service offered by Spoonlabs and it is not an affiliate program link for any other affiliate program.
- Promotional text for a commercial product or service is ok, provided there are no price(s) of product(s) or service(s) listed.
- A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial and does not contain product(s) and/or service(s) is allowed, provided the site is not sexual or does not violate Vivvo community standards. The Vivvo team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards. (Examples include sites about drugs and/or sex.)
- Duplicate links to the same URL in a signature are not allowed.
- All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, and you can't have images in signatures: 3 lines normal size, and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed (blank lines count as lines)
Avatars that may be confused with the official staff avatars are not allowed.
As much as some do not like the infraction system, it is necessary to control a forum. An infraction is a simple warning that you have done something wrong. It's not the end of the world, so don't take it personally. There is no real consequence to receiving an infraction, unless you are a spammer or you frequently and blatantly break the rules.
Here is a list of what you can receive an infraction for and a brief explanation of why:
- Duplicate thread - If you create a thread about a subject that is already being discussed in another thread, you may receive an infraction.
- Affiliate links - Affiliate links are allowed in signatures, but they are not allowed in posts. Affiliate links include links to doorway pages, masked urls and "invitations" to join websites. Affiliate links include posts which say "check my signature" or "pm me for the link". Affiliate links are also not allowed in PMs, and you may not start threads to promote affiliate programs via PMs. Masked links and referral links are also treated as affiliate links.
- Thread hijacking - Off topic posts or trying to promote your own item/service in a thread started by someone else are both examples of thread hijacking.
- Running up post count/post has no value - Posts such as "pm sent", "lol" or any other useless post that does not contribute to the forum or the thread is considered a post that has no value. Posting an opinion in a Marketplace thread such as "great price, good luck with the sale" but not actually bidding or participating is not allowed.
- Bumping thread - Bumping is when you reply to your own thread with the sole purpose of bumping it to the top of the forum. Also, a worthless reply to old threads can also be considered bumping.
- Inappropriate language - Cursing is not forbidden in this forum, but we expect it to be used minimally. This forum requires posts to be in English. Posting in any other language without accurate translation will be considered inappropriate.
- Attacking/harassing other members - You are allowed to disagree with the opinions of other members but you are not allowed to attack the person or their circumstances.
- Spamming - If all or the majority of your posts are promoting or linking to your website or product, you will receive an infraction for spamming. Spamming will also include the use of hidden images inside your posts.
- Duplicate account - If you create more than one account at Forums, you will receive an infraction and will be banned.