PDA

View Full Version : 4.5.2 patch is out

boccio
12-15-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm pleased to announce the release of Vivvo 4.5.2 patch, addressing serios of fixes and enhancements.

We recommend you update to benefit from the latest enhancements and fixes.

To apply this patch, follow the instructions below:

1. Login to the Client area
2. Download the patch from the files area section of your account.
3. Place the fixed files over the current ones using the FTP program.

If you face any problems during or after the installation, feel free to contact our support team for help.

Changelog:

ENH Added message for creating duplicate template/css files
BUG Activity log tracks activity on tags and topics
BUG Fixed problem with naming conflict between custom pages and default url's
ENH Added captcha module on registration form
BUG Fixed problem with incorrect URL format (category/subcategory/<article-id>.html)
BUG Fixed problem with automatic backup option *
BUG MDB2_Error:free() error in logs
BUG Properly handle Edit option for topic’s name
BUG Fixed problem with creating articles with same title as ones already moved to trashbin
BUG Fixed problem with System tag ID's
ENH Improved Managed backup option (you are now allowed to upload database backup from local hard drive)
ENH Improved "Allow new members to register" option (when disabled it will completely disable public registrations on the website)
BUG Fixed 404 error for static pages in website footer
BUG Google sitemap XML fix
ENH Included links to article pages to original feed sources
ENH Improved “Add new link” option (enabled AutoComplete for tags not yet been assigned to the articles)

Fami40
12-16-2010, 10:19 AM
I have upgrade to 4.5.2 patch, but in vivvo version still showing:

Your version is up to date: Vivvo CMS v4.5 Professional Edition build 5662.

Some error?

I must to clear some cache memory?

I have search some of the ENH (captcha module on registration form).

Thanks.

berto
12-16-2010, 11:59 AM
Out of curiosity, what changes were made to template files? And is it is vital that we upgrade our template (xhtml) files? We use a custom template so it will be a matter of going through the template files to see what was added that we are missing. They upgrade has taken place (without new template files) and all works fine.

Fami40
12-16-2010, 01:14 PM
Out of curiosity, what changes were made to template files? And is it is vital that we upgrade our template (xhtml) files? We use a custom template so it will be a matter of going through the template files to see what was added that we are missing. They upgrade has taken place (without new template files) and all works fine.

I too use a a custom template, but upgrade it´s not done. (not version upgraded)

berto
12-16-2010, 01:38 PM
I too use a a custom template, but upgrade it´s not done. (not version upgraded)

Worked fine for us. We have a development version where we try upgrades first and then if all is well we apply it to our live site. Something you should consider.

Fami40
12-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Great idea!!

I will install a test version to avoid potential problems.

Maquinasoft
12-20-2010, 03:14 AM
In my not work for me correctly. The data are erroneous and statistics manager takes 1 day to show results. PLEASE. help. this system is very expensive to neglect such a mistake .... excuse my English.

lwest300
12-20-2010, 08:15 PM
Does this patch perform any changes to the database or does it address files only?

I like to do file by file swaps when possible as opposed to complete upgrade over-writes.

Alex
12-21-2010, 12:22 AM
Yes, it also alters database tables. You need to run upgrade script within patch.

lwest300
12-27-2010, 03:14 AM
I've upgraded to 4.5.2 and I see the captcha coding in the registration template, but nothing is showing up on the active site.

Do I need to activate something?

Micha
12-27-2010, 10:01 AM
I've upgraded to 4.5.2 and I see the captcha coding in the registration template, but nothing is showing up on the active site.

Do I need to activate something?

Admin >> Preferences >> Users >> Registration tab >> Show captcha on user registration form option.

Allan70
12-27-2010, 02:32 PM
I cannot seem to find 4.5.2 in one package for a fresh, clean install in my client area!!

Do I have to install 4.5 first and then apply the patches 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 :(

lwest300
12-27-2010, 09:14 PM
Admin >> Preferences >> Users >> Registration tab >> Show captcha on user registration form option.

It's always the simplest things that mean so much! Everything is now working.

Thank you

novania
02-07-2011, 12:10 PM
In this last patch:

"BUG Fixed problem with incorrect URL format (category/subcategory/<article-id>.html)"

Ooops!, I need the old way, the incorrect URl, whithout ID, just the URL Friendly, can you help me?

Thanks!

liquidws
02-23-2011, 05:40 PM
where can i find this patch?? is not in my client area

remalia
03-24-2011, 01:55 AM
The updated files its in the clients licenses! First from the top of all the files!!