PDA

View Full Version : CSS Issue

lardude
05-08-2010, 03:46 AM
I installed the trial version. One of my main concerns is ease of changing the look.

The first thing that I did was go into the control panel and changed the style.css container background from #fff to #000

I saved it from the control panel, it messed up the look of the site. I changed it back to #fff and it STAYED messed up.

Then I re-uploaded all files and folders for /themes and /templates and also cleared the cache (just in case). Everything is STILL messed up and I did not change ANYTHING.

#container {background-color: #fff;}

First tests of the CMS is not going well. It is displaying as if there were no CSS file.

If I go to look at style.css via the control panel, it still comes up with all of the code.

Any ideas? I should not have problems changing a background color. This is not a good sign.

Thanks for any suggestions.

bobster65
05-08-2010, 05:34 AM
whenever you are changing CSS elements and refreshing the browser to look it it, the rule of thumb is that you need to do a HARD refresh so that the new CSS loads fresh (without having any browser cache being used). Just hold the shift key down when clicking on the refresh button. There are other factors that can come into play that will cause cached CSS to load as well, but 9 out of 10 times, doing a HARD refresh will do the trick ;)

lardude
05-08-2010, 05:52 AM
I appreciate the reply.

I viewed in Firefox, Chrome and IE (which I did not use until it looked incorrectly). It is not browser cache.

The only thing that was an issue during install is that I noticed Zlib extension is not enabled on the server.

Not sure why that would cause CSS problems.

bobster65
05-08-2010, 07:34 PM
I appreciate the reply.

I viewed in Firefox, Chrome and IE (which I did not use until it looked incorrectly). It is not browser cache.

The only thing that was an issue during install is that I noticed Zlib extension is not enabled on the server.

Not sure why that would cause CSS problems.

You running the trial on your local host or is it on a hosted web server? I know that I've had a few sites hosted at places like Host Gator that have accelerators installed and sometimes serve cached pages. Its rare, but I have seen it. I can assure you that this is not standard as I develop sites with vivvo daily and don't have this issue cept on a very rare occasion and it is due to some "odd" caching which usually clears up on its own lol

Micha
05-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Have you tried one of the solutions described here:

http://www.vivvo.net/resources/knowledgebase/template-css-doesn-t-load-after-the-installation.html

lardude
05-09-2010, 01:54 AM
Renaming compress.php file in {VIVVO_ROOT}/themes/default/css folder actually worked for me.

Thanks so much for your help.

andy77
05-10-2010, 08:45 AM
One of my main concerns is ease of changing the look.

One more tip when playing a lot with CSS:
http://wiki.vivvo.net/user_manual/installation/config#css-javascript-caching

lardude
05-10-2010, 08:25 PM
I installed yet another trial on a different hosting company. Same results. I had to rename compress.php

akash210
05-11-2010, 10:45 AM
For all it's worth, I never had any problem with compress.php - be it on a shared server, vps, or dedicated server.