PDA

View Full Version : 4.1.6 Optimisation Patch Released

boccio
02-04-2010, 09:31 AM
We just released minor optimization patch - Vivvo 4.1.6 (build 4214).

This patch introduces few nice optimization improvements, including faster template rendering and addressed couple of minor bugs. Also, this patch is important to anyone using PHP 5.3 on server, for it solves compatibility issues with latest PHP release.

The patch can be downloaded from the Client area (https://www.vivvo.net/orders/client_login.php), be sure to make a backup of your site/database when you update, and also be sure to correctly replace your files on your server. View changelog (http://www.vivvo.net/changelog.php) for detailed information on this patch.

mailpk
02-05-2010, 01:41 AM
Vivvo Team thanks for the PHP 5.3 fixes its fixed many problems in my site as my host shifted from php 5.2 to 5.3 and many things in my site broke after that

I am still facing some more issues with it , i have opened a support ticket with approprite screen shot links in it (Ticket Refrence : DMT-99543-885)

keep up the good work...

theodore
02-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Hi
After 4.1.6 upgrade in admin statistics the statistics did not updated

Impaler
02-05-2010, 03:36 PM
From previous letter from support

We've tracked the problem down to php's xml_parser extension - it's a bug for all versions of extension using libxml 2.6.32 and higher (the bug is already reported to PHP team at http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=45996). The official recommendation for solving the problem is to downgrade your system to an older version of libxml library (we confirmed that 2.6.31 is working fine) and then to recompile php with it.

We highly recommend to contact the hosting company for the assistance regarding this matter. They should be able to help you to get pass the problem and have your Vivvo scrip fully functional again.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions.
Thank you for contacting Vivvo support staff.

Does this upgrade fixes the incorrect parsing of characters like "raquo;" "#160;" and similar?

akash210
02-06-2010, 06:52 AM
My site statistics have stopped working altogether after upgrading to 4.1.6. Should I open a ticket or will you look into it and let us know?

Thanks.

Alex
02-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Please open a ticket, just in case.

akash210
02-06-2010, 10:37 AM
Opened.

Thanks.

theodore
02-06-2010, 10:43 AM
It looks like a bug as i have also the same problem to all of my installations.

BTW i notice that the stats in DB (in new tbl 'ArticlesStats' ) updated, but for some reason the stats didnot updated in Articleclass

akash210
02-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Ok I just found out the problem. So you can forget about my ticket. :)

The Cron table hadn't been updated properly for some reason. The update_article_stats row hadn't been inserted.

So I just inserted the following manually in my Cron table:
(`id`, `lastrun`, `time_mask`, `file`, `class`, `method`, `arguments`, `hash`) VALUES (NULL, '0', '*/30 * * * *', 'lib/vivvo/tasks/update_article_stats.php', '', 'auto_update_article_stats', 'a:0:{}', 'd314e6c5bbb6564d14930b88a6a089d8')";

Hope it helps someone. ;)

theodore
02-06-2010, 01:24 PM
I manual insert the row in Cron DB tbl but ... still not work :(

Perhaps if you explain a little more (or better to give us the full SQL command to insert the row)?

thnx

Brian
02-06-2010, 02:15 PM
I believe we should wait before applying this update until things get more clear and the dev team confirms that the update is safe and bug-free :confused:

Impaler
02-08-2010, 12:55 AM
From previous letter from support

Does this upgrade fixes the incorrect parsing of characters like "raquo;" "#160;" and similar?

anything on that?

boccio
02-08-2010, 12:28 PM
From what we gathered via HelpDesk, seems that upgrade script did not execute proper update on Cron table for in some cases. Therefore, we replaced the upgrade packages this morning to address this issue.

Clean install packages were unaffected, but for those who already applied the patch and experience problem with dashboard statistics, please either download and apply the patch again, or feel free to contact our support staff who will take care of this for you and apply the fix instantly. Alternatively, if you like being in control, you can execute the following SQL statement yourself:

INSERT INTO {PREFIX}Cron (`id`, `lastrun`, `time_mask`, `file`, `class`, `method`, `arguments`, `hash`) VALUES (NULL, '0', '*/30 * * * *', 'lib/vivvo/tasks/update_article_stats.php', '', 'auto_update_article_stats', 'a:0:{}', 'd314e6c5bbb6564d14930b88a6a089d8');

UPDATE {PREFIX}Configuration SET `variable_value` = '4.1.6' WHERE `variable_name` = 'VIVVO_INSTALL_VERSION';

Just make sure to replace {PREFIX} with actual table prefix (if any).

boccio
02-08-2010, 12:35 PM
No, it is not fixed because this is libxml bug that is fixed either by upgrading libxml, or downgrading it. It is all clearly explained in the post you quoted.

akash210
02-08-2010, 12:38 PM
From what we gathered via HelpDesk, seems that upgrade script did not execute proper update on Cron table for in some cases. Therefore, we replaced the upgrade packages this morning to address this issue.

Clean install packages were unaffected, but for those who already applied the patch and experience problem with dashboard statistics, please either download and apply the patch again, or feel free to contact our support staff who will take care of this for you and apply the fix instantly. Alternatively, if you like being in control, you can execute the following SQL statement yourself:

INSERT INTO {PREFIX}Cron (`id`, `lastrun`, `time_mask`, `file`, `class`, `method`, `arguments`, `hash`) VALUES (NULL, '0', '*/30 * * * *', 'lib/vivvo/tasks/update_article_stats.php', '', 'auto_update_article_stats', 'a:0:{}', 'd314e6c5bbb6564d14930b88a6a089d8');

UPDATE {PREFIX}Configuration SET `variable_value` = '4.1.6' WHERE `variable_name` = 'VIVVO_INSTALL_VERSION';

Just make sure to replace {PREFIX} with actual table prefix (if any).

Didn't I tell ya? ;)

Thanks all the same.

Brian
02-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Thanks Boccio and for your dev team. The updated patch works just fine and the web pages' launching & execution time is much better now.

Can't wait to get my hands on the upcoming Vivvo 4.5 :D

Keep up the good work!

noncasus
02-09-2010, 02:08 AM
boccio, what changed in the fixed patch (only the index.php in the upgrade folder?)

boccio
02-09-2010, 02:43 AM
Yep (10 chars $#@%)

noncasus
02-09-2010, 04:18 AM
I think my statistics still aren't working. I'm not sure how often the dashboard stats update but the little i icon in the article admin panel shows 0 in viewed (I checked if it was working or not by going into specific articles). Anyone else getting this behavior?

EDIT: by the way I ran the fixed patch

theodore
02-09-2010, 08:45 AM
The cron job by default is set to 30 min.
So your stats will be updated every 30min

noncasus
02-09-2010, 10:47 AM
nope not working.

Besides, I though the cron was for the dashboard stats. Either way neither those nor the per article stats seem to be working. Anyone else getting same results?

Brian
02-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Vivvo Team thanks for the PHP 5.3 fixes its fixed many problems in my site as my host shifted from php 5.2 to 5.3 and many things in my site broke after that

I am still facing some more issues with it , i have opened a support ticket with approprite screen shot links in it (Ticket Refrence : DMT-99543-885)

keep up the good work...

PHP 5.3 has known compatibility issues with all earlier versions. Upgrading to 5.3 without updating the code to work with it will have large consequences in software. Due to this, and since most site owners and developers are still using legacy CMS and scripts, therefore ask your hosting provider and do your best to revert back to PHP 5.2 for production until legacy code has caught up to the new changes :cool:

shady101
03-21-2010, 07:08 AM
i cant find it in my client area??

jasmina
03-21-2010, 12:22 PM
In your Client Area check under 'View your licenses' section.

After hitting 'View&Download' button next to your license, you'll then see a list of products available to download - just look for the latest 4.1.6 patch.