PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Site Manager extension

boccio
11-30-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm proud to announce release of our Multi-Site Manager extension.

Multi-Site Manager (MSM) is an stand-alone application that will let you deploy multiple websites with single installation and central point for maintaining and patching your installations.

This will introduce tremendous help and save lots of time and money for people maintaining multiple Vivvo websites - you will be able to patch/upgrade and maintain all the websites by simply patching the central location instead of patching every single site. Also, you'll be able to spawn new website in matter of seconds, instead of going through complete install procedure.

The extension costs $89 USD, and is available for purchase.

For more information including ordering, please visit:
http://www.vivvo.net/resources/dload/plugins/multi-site-manager.html
http://wiki.vivvo.net/devdoc/msm

Dugi
12-01-2009, 12:26 PM
i don't need it at the moment but take this as my suggestion.

I would prefer to have a desktop application which would allow me to:
1. when i open it i get a list of all the sites i control
2. select a site I wish to work with
3. create new article and everything else
4. switch to a different site with a simple drop down and work on that site for a bit etc etc.
5. application would also automatically backup all the databases and files depending on the schedule you set.
6. you would be able to restore your websites to at least 5 previous backup points (db+files)
7. be able to create different users and give them certain permissions (what sites they can see and what categories/plugins they can use)

The main problem with your application at the moment is that it's dependant on too may components.

Is that something you would ever consider?

boccio
12-01-2009, 01:38 PM
The main problem with your application at the moment is that it's dependant on too may components.

What exactly do you mean by this?

Impaler
12-01-2009, 01:57 PM
So basically with this thing:

- with one licence I can host X sites?
- I cannot set this up using directadmin panel?

Dugi
12-01-2009, 01:59 PM
don't mean anything bad by saying that. i looked at the system requirements and you must be on cpanel controlled server, curl, fsocket etc etc. My point is that if you were to build a simple desktop application that can run on windows systems it would be so much easier and more convenient to manage your sites. I was just trying to help by giving you my opinion. Feel free to delete my posts, i didn't want to hijack your thread

boccio
12-01-2009, 02:18 PM
^ no prob at all, I was just unclear about dependency issue you mentioned. I agree it has some requirements, but most of them are met easily. If you're professional webmaster, or developer and have a dedicated server where you host your sites (as 95% does), it is no problem to spend hour or two configuring it to setup Multi-Site Manager that will save you days and weeks later on in working with those websites.

boccio
12-01-2009, 02:19 PM
So basically with this thing:

- with one licence I can host X sites?
- I cannot set this up using directadmin panel?
No, you cannot host X sites with one license. You still need a license per website, but you will have one central installation that can be easily maintained and patched. Just look at the graphic and description provided on the Wiki documentation page:
http://wiki.vivvo.net/devdoc/msm

sip
10-01-2010, 12:20 PM
This doesn't work for sure with the bundle that i am given -- MSM Version 4.1.2 VIVO is 4.5.1

Refer ticket: FFI-88599-938
Fixed version awaited.

Regards