PDA

View Full Version : 4.1.2 patch and Asset Manager 2.0 plug-in released

Micha
03-27-2009, 05:25 PM
We just released the 4.1.2 maintenance patch (build 3578) addressing several bug fixes and enhancements, with one major improvement.
Files (assets) are now being indexed in database, resulting in dramatic improvement in file system performances thus ability to set tags/keywords to files and search them. Hence, the system will now automatically read any meta-data associated with the file, such as EXIF, ID3 tags and similar. Also, file picker control has now “thumbnail” preview mode to make image selection even easier.

We also released Asset Manager plug-in v2.0 that reflects new changes in improvements in file manipulation.

The plug-in can be downloaded (http://www.vivvo.net/resources/downloads/plugins/222.html) from our Download center.

As always, be sure to make a backup of your site/database when you update, and also be sure to correctly replace your files on your server. The patch can be downloaded from the client area.

View changelog (http://www.vivvo.net/changelog.php) for detailed information.

Impaler
03-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Great update! thanks!

bobster65
03-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Thank you Micha (and the entire Team) keep up the greate work!

casca
03-27-2009, 08:56 PM
We just released the 4.1.2 maintenance patch (build 3578) addressing several bug fixes and enhancements, with one major improvement.
Files (assets) are now being indexed in database, resulting in dramatic improvement in file system performances thus ability to set tags/keywords to files and search them. Hence, the system will now automatically read any meta-data associated with the file, such as EXIF, ID3 tags and similar. Also, file picker control has now “thumbnail” preview mode to make image selection even easier.

We also released Asset Manager plug-in v2.0 that reflects new changes in improvements in file manipulation.

The plug-in can be downloaded (http://www.vivvo.net/resources/downloads/plugins/222.html) from our Download center.

As always, be sure to make a backup of your site/database when you update, and also be sure to correctly replace your files on your server. The patch can be downloaded from the client area.

View changelog (http://www.vivvo.net/changelog.php) for detailed information.

LOL like I said earlier, you get to the place where everything is the way you like it and a patch or upgrade comes out :)

FNNSports
03-27-2009, 11:25 PM
I must be missing something... i uploaded all of the files from the update from my clienta rea, CHMODed the folder needed, and i am getting nothing but a white page at the update installer page..

http://go-bengals.com/home/upgrade/index.php

what am i missing?

EDIT: Since i have made no changes to it, I just did a fresh install..

casca
03-28-2009, 05:07 AM
Thank you for releasing this patch. It was a breeze to install, and fixed a lot of the issues I've been having (Small ones) like the IE not working 100% in the admin... everything is Wonderful now :)

apocan
03-28-2009, 09:06 PM
after upgrading, I can not upload images to ftp via using file picker. it begins uploading but than shows fail. what is the problem?

chmod is 777 where it is needed.

Thanks

akash210
03-29-2009, 09:34 AM
This is really great. Pagination is so important and I'm so glad you finally implemented it. :) I'm pretty impressed with the new Assets Manager as well... except for one tiny hiccup. The search function only returns results if you remember the first part of the filenames. For e.g. if the file is called "Kurt_Cobain" and you search for "Cobain", you get no result. Whereas if you type "Kurt", it'll find it. This is very important as you may not always remember the first part of the filename.

Apart from that, I think you're doing a great job. Keep it up! :)

Edit: I don't mean when you click on Plugins -> Assets and the Search tab but rather when you click on Upload in the TinyMCE editor and the Asset Manager pops up. There's a seach facility on the top-right there.

akash210
03-29-2009, 10:06 AM
Say I'm posting a new article. I click on the Upload button in the editor, select an image and click on "Select Image". It doesn't do anything. Shouldn't it be including the image in the editor? Am I missing something here? Should I keep using the useless "Insert/edit image" button to include a picture in the article? In that case, what's the use?

Thanks.

akash210
03-29-2009, 11:02 AM
I think I might just have found a bug with the Report inappropriate content button. It happens only when I'm logged out - when I'm logged in, it works fine. Incidentally, why do you redirect users who logout to the homepage? I think they would want to stay on the same page... don't you think?

So when I click on the button it gives the following error: Fatal error: Call to a member function get_first_name() on a non-object in D:\vivvoroot\lib\vivvo\service\Comments.service.ph p on line 284

Oh and I also can't see the option to restrict the Report Inappropriate Content in User Groups.

Thanks.

damic
03-29-2009, 04:24 PM
I think I might just have found a bug with the Report inappropriate content button. It happens only when I'm logged out - when I'm logged in, it works fine. Incidentally, why do you redirect users who logout to the homepage? I think they would want to stay on the same page... don't you think?

So when I click on the button it gives the following error: Fatal error: Call to a member function get_first_name() on a non-object in D:\vivvoroot\lib\vivvo\service\Comments.service.ph p on line 284

Oh and I also can't see the option to restrict the Report Inappropriate Content in User Groups.

Thanks.

I tried to report a comment in both IE7 and Firefox 3 just a few minutes ago, once while logged in, and when logged out - and both seemed to work here. When logged out, it gave a message that "You must be logged in to report.."

HOWEVER - Micha.... it appears all reports are coming from what could be your email addy.... just fyi. :)

boccio
03-29-2009, 04:54 PM
The search function only returns results if you remember the first part of the filenames. For e.g. if the file is called "Kurt_Cobain" and you search for "Cobain", you get no result. Whereas if you type "Kurt", it'll find it. This is very important as you may not always remember the first part of the filename.

Yes, from File Picker control. We made this trade off to improve speed and response time. However, the seach function in Asset Manager is more flexible - it returns results containing the string you search for (not only starting with), thus you can tick "exact name" checkbox.

kreativostudio
03-30-2009, 06:51 AM
after upgrading, I can not upload images to ftp via using file picker. it begins uploading but than shows fail. what is the problem?

chmod is 777 where it is needed.

Thanks

I have same problem, I have noticed that if I log-out then log-in back again the image has been uploaded, so after I have made a few retries upluading and getting "failed" mesagge, I log-in back and found that the image has been uploaded as many times as I have tried. I hope you understand what I am saying and see if this is a bug. Thanks

casca
03-30-2009, 08:04 AM
I have same problem, I have noticed that if I log-out then log-in back again the image has been uploaded, so after I have made a few retries upluading and getting "failed" mesagge, I log-in back and found that the image has been uploaded as many times as I have tried. I hope you understand what I am saying and see if this is a bug. Thanks

I never tried uploading until they started saying this so I went and tried and I too can't upload. Says error... Can we get a 4.1.3? :)

kkilty
03-30-2009, 08:16 AM
I never tried uploading until they started saying this so I went and tried and I too can't upload. Says error... Can we get a 4.1.3? :)

Can't upload either, getting 302 error

kkilty
03-30-2009, 08:35 AM
Thumbnail view does not work under Safari on the Mac :( the option is not available.

But fixed when the cache on the browser was cleared. Lesson learned ....

Well done vivvo its a great improvement having thumbnail view.

damic
03-30-2009, 09:33 AM
Noticed the upload error here to just now. In Firefox - it just pops up a blank error window... the window opens, with no indication of what the error is. In IE - it's 302

akash210
03-30-2009, 09:46 AM
I still don't understand how to use the File Picker (through the Upload button) to include an image into the editor. When I click on Select Image, nothing happens. ???

Please do not tell me I have to use the regular Insert Image button...

boccio
03-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Regretfully, I must inform you that due to a human error there has been a mistake in 4.1.2 patch. As a result it contains a bug in file picker upload function.

The error has been reported on Saturday, thanks to a customer who reported this promptly to member of our staff. All the packages on the client area were fixed and re-uploaded on Saturday evening, so whoever downloaded 4.1.2 patch afterward is unaffected by this.

For those of you who downloaded patch on Friday, or Saturday morning I attached the fix to this message, please upload it and overwrite two files with ones attached here.

Once again, I deeply regret for this mistake and thank you for your kind understanding.

kreativostudio
03-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Now it is working fine, Thanks Boccio !

akash210
03-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Boccio, can you have a look at my last question please? :) :)

apocan
03-30-2009, 06:17 PM
many thanks boccio :)

chatfan
04-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Strange, using Firefox 3.0.8 on Mac OSX and can not see anything in the Asset manager except for a folder tree and that is it. The upload option gives me just a blank field.
Same problem when using IE in Parallel.

boccio
04-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Strange... OSX 10.5.6 and FF 3.0.8 - works like a charm.

Maybe some of the files are corrupt, did you try re-uploading / reinstalling?

chatfan
04-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Yes something must be wrong, I tried reinstalling the plugins and uploaded a fresh copy already of the entire 4.1.2 dev. version. Will try a complete fresh install on other account.

chatfan
04-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Something must have gone wrong in the upgrade from the developers beta, a clean install on a new account works without problems (as far as I can see :P )

zeddyblue
05-21-2009, 01:01 PM
I can't download the patch because my subscription has ran out...

surely for a bug fix we should be able to download a patch without paying for a new subscription.

gcomo01
05-28-2009, 10:32 PM
I have installed the 4.1.2 ... Assets plugin shows only the left panel and does not show at all the list of files and the right (panel). It reports some js errors .. anybody else has had this problem ?
thx
G

ivanhoe
06-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Did you run upgrade wizard script from upgrade/ folder ?

You can't just copy new files as database structure was changed, too, so upgrade script needs to be run to add new data. Just point your browser to www.yoursite.com/upgrade/ and follow the instructions.