PDA

View Full Version : Review plug-in for Vivvo 4.1 version is released

shketuljko
02-13-2009, 04:05 PM
A review plug-in allows writers and members with the right permissions to submit reviews articles. The reviews are added to articles in three flavors: Games, Movie and Music reviews.

You can download it within the Resources Center (http://www.vivvo.net/resources/downloads/plugins/review-41.html).

nbento
02-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Im sorry to ask, since Im new to vivvo.
Why only Games, Movies and Music reviews?
Im askign for this:
I publish cars related content 8more for the top tuning) and I would love to see these review plugin making a general so we could addapt it to our needs.
Releasign this only for those niches above will narrow alot the use for it.

So one question.
Is it possible to alter this review plugin to another area?

ChefTalk
02-14-2009, 12:15 PM
I was wondering that too. It would be nice if it was configurable so that you could modify the review fields for what ever product you wanted to review (books, cars, cooking equipment etc).

bobster65
02-14-2009, 11:09 PM
So one question.
Is it possible to alter this review plugin to another area?

Ya, its pretty easy to alter/expand/modify

Maybe if I find some spare time I will write a how to ....

nbento
02-14-2009, 11:11 PM
Ya, its pretty easy to alter/expand/modify

Maybe if I find some spare time I will write a how to ....

That my friend, would make my year.
if you have the time, please by all means write us a how-to.... because Im waiting.

I need to start reviews on the driving cars.

Thank you

bobster65
02-14-2009, 11:24 PM
That my friend, would make my year.
if you have the time, please by all means write us a how-to.... because Im waiting.

I need to start reviews on the driving cars.

Thank you

Could I ask you a question? What is your level of coding experience (php, mysql, html, xml) as well as vte? if its fairly high, I could probably just point you in the right direction instead of a detailed how to..

Alex
02-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Actually, it goes down to this:
http://www.vivvo.net/resources/how-to/custom-field-mapping.html

bobster65
02-15-2009, 11:10 PM
Actually, it goes down to this:
http://www.vivvo.net/resources/how-to/custom-field-mapping.html

oh I agree.... that is pretty helpfully to those that know what they are doing, but for a beginner or novice, its still a little unclear, specially when we are talking about modification to a specific plugin (in the case, the review plugin)... What I was talking about is a step by step how to specifically for the Review plugin, not adding more fields to the base article system itself (even tho you and I know that its pretty much the same steps, but different files)..

My plan is to write a detailed how to specifically for the Review Plugin itself so members can follow step by step to create their own specific custom review tailored to their needs..

damic
02-16-2009, 12:52 AM
A review plug-in allows writers and members with the right permissions to submit reviews articles. The reviews are added to articles in three flavors: Games, Movie and Music reviews.

For whatever reason - the "movies" review sections is still showing improper dates. For instance, "Release Date" only allows me to select from 1889 to 1909. The same "Release Dates" for both Music and Games both seem to show the proper dates, fyi.

Oh - and I'm on 4.1.1.

damic
02-16-2009, 01:19 AM
Also - I noticed that error happens in IE7 - but not Safari apparently. Have not tested in Firefox as of yet.

One other note - in Safari - for "movie review" - the dates actually appear correctly there.

I noticed in IE - once I added a music review - the article_edit.php page called in all of the tabs stacked on top of one another - making one long page. So, the normal article add page was on top of image gallery, that was above attachments, and so forth. The "publish" and "save" buttons were all the way at the bottom of that page. It does NOT do the same in Safari - it appears normal once "published".

Also - this only appears IN the admin section only from what I can tell - at least in IE7. The frontend adds the music review as it's supposed to, at least appears to with no problem.

boccio
02-16-2009, 09:07 AM
My plan is to write a detailed how to specifically for the Review Plugin itself so members can follow step by step to create their own specific custom review tailored to their needs..
That would be fantastic :)

nbento
02-23-2009, 11:46 PM
Any news on this?
I know you will be doing this probably in your spare time, but Im just wonder.

bobster65
02-24-2009, 02:01 AM
Any news on this?
I know you will be doing this probably in your spare time, but Im just wonder.

Have not even started on it... its a spare time project. Might have time this coming weekend, but can't promise anything.

pintuhs
10-23-2010, 11:20 AM
I think Vivvo CMS v.4.1.5.1 PRO Developer Fullpack plugin is more useful for joomla bloggers. :)