PDA

View Full Version : NooB and a few questions

Nat
11-18-2008, 12:18 AM
First... Hello and my first post.. :)

Right, I have a trial of this script running, installation setting up etc, a dream, all working great.

The actual site, that I may run this on, is for a fan based (non profit and no earnings generated)
I have a CMS (Free) that has done the job for many years, but now need to advance my site, up a level.

I have spent hours going through all of the documentation, on this site, but still am a little confused on many things.

I can not get my head around how the template system works (in simple terms) I need to have many Categories, and the the sub cats that go with them (almost static pages)

In the <header> I would like to add some code

I have a third party mailing list, that I use, and would like to be able to add the .html code to the site.

One of the reasons why I am looking at this script is to be able to have a couple of people to be able to help me admin the site, so that they can post news items etc, but they will not be able to do full admin.

So on my site, I need to have a selection of cats, and then sub cats, but on the actual index page, to have a news section in a center block.

The test vivvo page, that I am playing with can be seen at ->
http://crechenw.co.uk/VIVOCMS/ This is just a test, so rough....

But what I am sort of trying to replicate is what I have now http://www.motionandheart.co.uk/enter/

The above link will show a number of static pages, and links to sections etc. It is pulling in RSS feeds from my forum. It has external links to such things as my guest book, my forum, and some other sections...

Just how easy could this be done with vivvo? and will this be the script for me and my web site..

Sorry for being a NooB, and asking questions, that no doubt will have been answered before.. I have done a forum search for answers etc.. So the last thing I would like to do is to waste time.

Many thanks for reading

shady101
11-18-2008, 02:07 AM
welcome man

first of all
you have come to the right place and the right script :)

second
most of your questions here were answered before (with very good answers indeed by vivvo support team)
so you really need to make some search for every single point you asked about
and believe me you would find everything here

however if you still have problems after searching the forum
you can defined some points as a questions so vivvo support and ordinary users - such as me :) - can try to help you by answering every point you couldn't find

but to get answers for -some kind- an article you wrote asking for help
is some kind hard

please defined what you need in points

Nat
11-18-2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks shady101

I will continue to have a play and see how I get along.. But I think that vivvo, may be a little to complex for what I am looking for, and the templates, are not that easy to customise etc.

I am also worried that, as my site is not funded that the actual running cost for help and support are going to be to high

shady101
11-19-2008, 11:01 AM
believe me i have the same problem here
working on my own
but i tried other scripts
and i tried vivvo
and i found by myself that this script is much better
all what you need is some patient to do what you want by reading some support solutions here for every problem that you get and try to customize your template as you need step by step
and if you face any problem during this you can open a topic here and you would get help fast whether you are registered user or not