PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin v3.7.x bridge and patch are released

shketuljko
09-02-2008, 02:28 PM
This bridge is intended to be used with Vivvo CMS and vBulletin v3.7.x (up to v3.7.3). The bridge integrates these two pieces of software allowing one login, registration, and user modification point for both systems thus comment integration. Integration includes a vBulletin Bot, which will automatically create a new topic when a user wishes to discuss/comment the article.

Much like the previous vBulletin Bridge plug-in, this one is free and available to everyone. You can download it within the Resources Center (http://www.vivvo.net/resources/downloads/importers/vbulletin37-bridge.html), and public documentation is located in docs section of our website.

Also for previous version there is a patch that you can find in the attachment.

airbrushmag
09-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Thank you for fixing this much appricated:)

strateji
09-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Vivvo CMS and Vbseo (http://www.vbseo.com/)+vBulletin v3.7.3 compatibles?
Because, i don't access vivvo admin panel.
For vBulletin integration when i added functions_login.php following codes " if (isset($_REQUEST['logout_url']) && $_REQUEST['logout_url'] != ''){
header('Location: ' . $_REQUEST['logout_url']);
} " getting error it seems like :
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /**/***/****/visa/includes/functions_login.php on line 419
( line 419 have just "?>" )
I installed trial vivvo script and i'm using vBulletin Version 3.7.3.
How to fix?
Thanks.

kovacs
09-04-2008, 08:53 PM
I tried to install this bridge. I have followed the instructions and also turned off Vivvo comments.

I have replaced the comment.tpl with vb_comment.tpl.

Login via the forums seem to work fine so the bridge is active.

BUT - the login form is gone, whether a member is logged in or not.

kovacs
09-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Strike that. Guests see the login form. But after logging in, it vanishes - so the "Submit article" link and logout link is gone.

kovacs
09-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Ack. Strike that, too. I had customized the login form and forgot to reapply some changes. Sorry, sorry. :)

airbrushmag
09-08-2008, 02:29 PM
I have installed the patch IT DOES NOT WORK in fact screwed thigs up

Support ticket submitted

bobster65
09-08-2008, 02:35 PM
I have installed the patch IT DOES NOT WORK in fact screwed thigs up

Support ticket submitted

I'll fix it, its probably got that same bug with the first patch that messes up secondary user groups..

airbrushmag
09-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Thanks Bob

hopely this will help others using vb and vivvo

bobster65
09-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks Bob

hopely this will help others using vb and vivvo

No problem... its working fine again :cool:

boccio
09-08-2008, 03:52 PM
@airbrushmag: can you please describe the problem with as many details as possible? I know you said the following:

The new VB bridge screwed up the premium user's access to articles.
articles that should not be accessed by certain user groups can now be accessed
Is this the only problem with the bridge?

If so, please refer to discussion on this thread:
http://www.vivvo.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2947&page=2

This is taken care of already. If you have other problems, please post them here, otherwise let's keep discussion regarding this particular problem on above thread.

airbrushmag
09-08-2008, 11:54 PM
Bob is better suited to discuss this as he is the one dealing with it.

shketuljko
09-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Vb bridge for 3.7.3 is released.
Problem with secondary user groups is fixed in this version.

You can download it within the Resources Center (http://www.vivvo.net/resources/downloads/importers/vbulletin37-bridge.html).

s2kinteg916
09-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Im a bit confused with the vb integration sometimes it doesnt log me in.

im getting an error

Array ( [file] => plugins/vb_users/box.php [class_name] => box_vb_comments )
________
MAGIC FLIGHT LAUNCH BOX REVIEW (http://mflbvaporizer.com)

shketuljko
09-25-2008, 03:35 PM
Sometimes this problem is related with upload.
Try to re-upload all files for vb_users plug-in.

v!vv0
09-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Hi

When im dealing with a shared hosting , what exactly should the FS root path will be ?

I own 2 hosting accounts , acc1 where vivvo is installed and acc2 where VBulletin is installed , and i had tested this step before and it worked and move me to the next step when i have to selecte forum ID and ect .. but i realy lost the details that i wrote in the FS root field , can you help me ?

The acc1 is for example : /home/users/web/b239/as.spectstel/public_html/vb
the acc2 is for example : /home/users/web/w429/as.netmapze/public_html/vb

any ideas ?

Thank you

gimmo
10-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Plugin Still not working for me .....

tested with vivvo 403-404 and vb 370-373pl1

1/ Checked on differnt sites, not only my own, from different computers: Vivvo+bridge doesn't accept cookies with IE6 - 7 (btw 70% of my users) , so user must enter log/pass on every visit on site manually.
More - it shows a page from browser cache, user think he is logged on, but really he is not (try ctrl+F5).

2/ Time by time plugin create new duplicate treads . So I have 3...5...10 treads on forum with different user replays, and just last created tread is linked (embedded) to my article .

Guys! Maybe it's a time to pay to beta-testers?

boccio
10-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Please contact our support so we can investigate this matter. If this is a bug in the bridge, it will be acknowledged and solved promptly.

Big Island
10-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Question: If we want to add a new author (someone who can create and publish articles) but are using the vb bridge, how do we go about doing that?

shketuljko
12-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Just add new user in vBulletin in group that has privileges to publish articles in Vivvo.

casca
12-11-2008, 03:24 AM
I installed a fresh copy of RC 2. I installed a fresh copy of Vbulletin v3.7.3. I copied the file over to the /templates/box/ directory. I added the code to the end of the /include/blah.php file in vbulletin.

I made sure all the permissions on the files where correct.

I went into the vivvo admin and clicked on the plugins folder. I clicked the install button for the vb_users plugin.

It brought me to a blank screen and did nothing.

Any thoughts? :)

Micha
12-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Hmm, ok, check your ftp for these files:

quick_link.xml
step_1.xml
step_2.xml
tabs.xml

They should be located in admin/templates/plugins/install, and admin/templates/plugins/uninstall folders.

If they are missing from there, this could be the reason why are you getting blank screen when trying to install.

casca
12-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Hmm, ok, check your ftp for these files:

quick_link.xml
step_1.xml
step_2.xml
tabs.xml

They should be located in admin/templates/plugins/install, and admin/templates/plugins/uninstall folders.

If they are missing from there, this could be the reason why are you getting blank screen when trying to install.

They are not there, I downloaded the package from the link in this thread :( I see now that the link is a patch... I'm going to wipe the drool off my chin, I must be retarded.