PDA

View Full Version : Images Images :) Are you guys sick of reading about wants?

casca
07-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Well I have to throw my two cents in, please refrain from flaming too badly if I'm missing something and what I'm requesting is already there. (Qualification I've read the user manual entirely, and have used the system for 2 days now). (And yes I'm aware of the image gallery plug-in, have it installed properly and value it's function).

OK now that I've said all that!

My suggestion:!!

It would be GREAT! if I could include at least 2 other abstract images IN the article. So one for the description part (err you guys call it abstract) and then say 2 for the article part IN the article.

NOW before you tell me "You can do that", I'm not talking about linking, I'm talking about being able to upload the image while adding the article by clicking the insert image button. I can't find a browse button in there to upload an image... so I'm making a large assumption thinking that you only want me to be able to link to pics there...

k.... i'm done.

You can flame me now for being a noob :)

apocan
07-29-2008, 08:18 PM
maybe this can be done by using image gallery :)

casca
07-29-2008, 09:37 PM
maybe this can be done by using image gallery :)

Well I have image gallery, but it's not the same. It's fine, but for long articles you want to break up the text with a few pictures... it's really about look/functionality. My site caters to Americans we like BIG PICTURES in our books/articles. <grin>

apocan
07-29-2008, 09:50 PM
as far as I understand u want a pic in ur articles. if I m right you can do it in a simple way

Alex
07-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Basically, this can be done using custom fields (adding another upload field for #2 abstract image). It needs some custom work (not much), but very feasible to accomplish.

casca
07-30-2008, 12:29 AM
as far as I understand u want a pic in ur articles. if I m right you can do it in a simple way

Actually you are correct :) I missed that. Thank you very very much this is what I was trying to do. U Rule :)

northlandadv
07-30-2008, 01:26 AM
You can also replace the TinyMCE editor with FCKeditor. This way you have a built in file manager.

apocan
07-30-2008, 08:38 AM
Actually you are correct :) I missed that. Thank you very very much this is what I was trying to do. U Rule :)

it is so nice :D

quick2004
07-30-2008, 02:51 PM
www.fckeditor.net

casca
08-27-2008, 03:10 AM
You can also replace the TinyMCE editor with FCKeditor. This way you have a built in file manager.

Is there a "walk through" for replacing the TinyMCE with the FCKeditor?

:)

northlandadv
08-27-2008, 04:27 AM
Yep, sure is..

http://www.vivvo.net/resources/how-to/112.html

casca
08-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Yep, sure is..

http://www.vivvo.net/resources/how-to/112.html

Thank you ;) I didn't even know there was a how-to section lol. I'm exploring now very nice!