PDA

View Full Version : what's happening in 4.1?

mandini76
07-23-2008, 03:00 AM
I was just wondering what we can look forward to with the release of 4.1, and when it is expected to be available. :)

Micha
07-23-2008, 08:19 AM
Well, I can tell you one thing, v4.1 will have much better user management .:)
As for the date, well, I really don't know what to tell you there, private beta should be available in couple of weeks for developers to test it.
But that's just my guess, it could be sooner or later ;)

apocan
07-23-2008, 09:43 PM
good news micha, if there is anything to test, I m free on these days I can test :P

mandini76
07-23-2008, 11:21 PM
I really hope it also gives us the ability to put up static pages that don't show up in the navigation ;)

Micha
07-24-2008, 02:36 PM
I really hope it also gives us the ability to put up static pages that don't show up in the navigation ;)

You mean something like this:

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o401/micha_1981/pages.gif

Ups, maybe I shouldn't have posted this, shhhhhh, pls keep it a secret ;) :p

menscerto
07-24-2008, 03:43 PM
My life would be easier if the User Management feature would offer payment integration for subscribers - and the ability restrict views by date range to subscribers only (only subscribers could see articles older than a certain date).

I can dream!

IrishGuinea
07-24-2008, 07:25 PM

Micha why is it that I have no issues with these static pages and everyone else does? I have updated to latest version but I dont think my admin must be up to date because I can make static pages all day long and they will never show up until I link one to a category/sub-category.

Like the old addage says..."if it ain't broke don't fix it" so I'm fine with what I got I just want to figure out why...

And I hope the time stamp issue has been fixed in the next version...

mandini76
07-25-2008, 02:06 AM

(Image of my dreams removed)

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

Thank you Lord Micha!

Micha
07-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Micha why is it that I have no issues with these static pages and everyone else does? I have updated to latest version but I dont think my admin must be up to date because I can make static pages all day long and they will never show up until I link one to a category/sub-category.

Well, that's mainly because you have heavily customized template.
As I recall, you have DHTML menu only, pages menu is not included in your navigation.
Try for example to include <vte:include file="{VIVVO_TEMPLATE_DIR}box/pages.tpl" /> in your header template.

And I hope the time stamp issue has been fixed in the next version...

As far as I know, yes :)