PDA

View Full Version : Vivvo templates live demo

Capri
07-07-2008, 05:49 PM
I'd highly advise that you make live demos of your available templates rather than showing jpgs/gifs in the templates gallery, since many of us had to purchase more than one template because we were not satisfied with the final look of some templates on our websites - for different or special reasons.

What you see in the templates preview doesn't necessarily looks or matches the template when running on a live website.

Thank you.

vivvvo
07-07-2008, 08:11 PM
I'd highly advise that you make live demos of your available templates rather than showing jpgs/gifs in the templates gallery, since many of us had to purchase more than one template because we were not satisfied with the final look of some templates on our websites - for different or special reasons.

What you see in the templates preview doesn't necessarily looks or matches the template when running on a live website.

Thank you.

Hi, i agree that, same here i have purchase more than 2 templates, why? the reason that the templates that we see as demo is a pic.jpg, so we thought that the real templates will be nicer and smooth, but we are so disapoint, even now i dont even really know what template should i use, all templates that i bought look unprofessional images design,

northlandadv
07-07-2008, 10:46 PM
It's difficult to have live demos without risking that the designs are stolen; this is why many companies use images instead. Maybe Vivvo could just use larger images, and more images per template?

Alex
07-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Er.... We do have three images per each template :) Click on next/prev to see them all.

northlandadv
07-07-2008, 11:41 PM
Ohh....I actually never noticed the next, etc, because it isn't on all the time. Also, a few of the lightbox effects don't work so there's no buttons at all :(

Capri
07-08-2008, 07:11 AM
Thanks Alex, I already know about the "Previous/Next" buttons, but that's not enough for the eye to judge if the template is going to look nice on my screen or website.

Live demos of CMS products' templates & themes is becoming a standard practise, and you can easily protect your template & CSS files by using one of many HTML protection/encryption tools on the net for this purpose. I'm just not sure how you'll manage to show multiple templates under one Vivvo installation, but with the sub-domains feature it might be possible and deserves a try ;)

Thank you.