PDA

View Full Version : Shopping cart please!

mandini76
05-24-2008, 07:21 AM
A shopping cart plug in is really needed... thanks.

MemoBony
05-26-2008, 03:57 PM
A shopping cart plug in is really needed... thanks.

I just came here to ask the sales team of Vivvo for this kind of plugins, it's really great to do that.

boccio
05-27-2008, 05:48 AM
We probably won't have a shopping cart plug-in soon (at least not in next three months). I strongly suggest interfacing some of existing 3rd party applications until Vivvo comes forth with own payment processing utility.

northlandadv
05-27-2008, 01:12 PM
There are several carts which would work well using an iframe, or just putting a Vivvo header/footer in the cart template.

mandini76
06-02-2008, 08:05 AM
I don't know if it's possible, but I would like to have a shopping cart embedded so users can use their same login info as the rest of the site.

andy77
06-02-2008, 08:39 AM
I think you can do this with aMember script, it allows single-point logins...

kaesar30
07-03-2008, 11:48 AM
The same. Shopping cart a nice idea.
________
Wendie 99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

boccio
07-03-2008, 12:04 PM
I understand that online shop is a much needed extension for Vivvo and that would bring a great value to product itself, however we are not currently able to deliver one in reasonable time frame (less than 3-4 months).

Vivvo will have online payments processing feature, pay-per-article, subscription to categories, even free and paid editions (for magazines), however this will not be anytime soon - at least not before the end of this year.

Until then, we'll be happy to assist and provide consulting in any integration of existing 3rd party shopping cart software.

northlandadv
07-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Yes, there are several online shopping cart systems which would integrate nicely with Vivvo. A lot of it, though, depends on how you want to use a shopping cart, and why you need it to integrate with Vivvo. Would it be to sell items independently of the article system, or to sell article content?

Rngr223
07-16-2008, 01:32 AM
Yes, there are several online shopping cart systems which would integrate nicely with Vivvo. A lot of it, though, depends on how you want to use a shopping cart, and why you need it to integrate with Vivvo. Would it be to sell items independently of the article system, or to sell article content?

I think it would be good for people that would like to use the vivvo software exclusively for their website, as opposed to just news articles and such. It seems to me that with 4.1 being released in the future, it will become that much closer to making that a reality. HAving a storefront plugin/ shopping cart would be nice down the road for whatever your site wanted to sell.

northlandadv
07-16-2008, 02:04 AM
Well, it's certainly something we're considering. Possibly both a lightweight cart plugin, and then bridge plug-ins for carts like Magento.

casca
07-30-2008, 03:35 AM
We probably won't have a shopping cart plug-in soon (at least not in next three months). I strongly suggest interfacing some of existing 3rd party applications until Vivvo comes forth with own payment processing utility.

just use myfreecheckout.com it comes with first data merchant services... it's easy - auto interfaces with the gateway and it's free for people that have first data processing... It's what I use and I've already got it in vivvo with no hassles.

menscerto
09-04-2008, 09:45 PM
I understand that online shop is a much needed extension for Vivvo and that would bring a great value to product itself, however we are not currently able to deliver one in reasonable time frame (less than 3-4 months).

Vivvo will have online payments processing feature, pay-per-article, subscription to categories, even free and paid editions (for magazines), however this will not be anytime soon - at least not before the end of this year.

Until then, we'll be happy to assist and provide consulting in any integration of existing 3rd party shopping cart software.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but as part of this Vivvo payments feature - please include an option where current articles are free but articles over X days old require a subscription - similar to what some major daily papers do.

Even if you make it an extra-cost module, I will definitely buy it!

Alex
09-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Iplease include an option where current articles are free but articles over X days old require a subscription - similar to what some major daily papers do.

Excellent idea, I really like it!