PDA

View Full Version : Media Manager

Tardoss
03-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Media manager, I think is could be very useful to have a Media Manager in the backend of vivvo... an area where we can use to organize our images, audio, and so on, a place where we can upload our stuff, I know that open a new article we can upload only only one image, but whats gonna happen is my article has more than one image? plus audio.... I don't know... i was thinking of that today....

Success
03-05-2008, 03:11 AM
Thanks for bringing this up.

I wasn't aware that there is no media manager which I thought would be an essential part of a cms.

Also, is it true that we can only upload 1 image? This is weird.

boccio
03-05-2008, 07:58 AM
You can upload as many images as you like, but there can be only one abstract image. I think this is the part that makes a confusion.

With regards to "Media Manager" - you are right. At the moment, there is a file manager inside wysiwyg, but we plan on introducing robust Asset/Document Manager after the release of 4.1 version.

apocan
03-06-2008, 09:42 AM
I want to learn something. I see a video part in rbr.com and its very nice. how it works exactly?

uploading it manually to ftp and adding it to this module? or it's like adding new article

dbowling
03-07-2008, 04:46 AM
What is the recomended method of organizing images in a useful manor then?

Cero Code
03-22-2008, 01:14 AM
What is the recomended method of organizing images in a useful manor then?

Since vivvo don't have a image manager system yet all we can do is to get our own organization system which is using names..."Boring and way much work" something like... pedro_party_2008.jpg, jenny_birthday_001.jpg... and so on so so on...

I have the opportunity to work with different companies each one has different needs, some companies just need an static pages, some others a sophisticated systems, from html to php, asp, cfm, and what not, I'm not a coder but I know the basics to know my way around some codes... so from all of that from free CMS to paid CMS theres only one editor "WYSIWYG" that has blow my mind away and thats the JCE editor for Joomla!, image manager, media manager, 3 different light-box's, pop-up manager, link to ether an article or document, u can upload a document, image, audio, video while typing ur article and just click insert... an thats it... I'm just like woow!... any way, as I was saying before different companies different needs... but this type of Editor could be an A++++ for Vivvo...

kovacs
03-27-2008, 12:13 PM
You can easily integrate MCImageManager from moxiecode, the makers of TinyMCE. We have it installed on our portal. It lets you upload images of all kinds and do basic editing on them, and create a folder structure - all via your browser.