PDA

View Full Version : Indivdual author for each feed

northlandadv
01-23-2008, 01:48 PM
In the feed plug in, it seems that you can only have one author to cover ALL the feeds. This is a problem since I want to give credit for each source and the author_info area seems the best place to do this.

How would I enable each feed to have it's own author?

Alex
01-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Each feed does have it's own author... When you +Add new feed, you choose destination category, feed source and feed author. What's wrong with that?

northlandadv
01-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Well, sure you can choose the author, but the feed IMPORTER is the user which it gets listed under. This is one per all the feeds. This means the author NAME shows correctly, but, when clicked, this leads back to the author page for the importer. Naturally, the importer is likely to be admin (or something like that). This means that if a site visitor clicks the author link they will see the complete list of feeds listed under admin, with the admin bio. This is weird.

What I'm suggesting is that each feed have it's own author/importer so that each feed gets the correct author page and credit for the feed material.

Or am I missing something here?

northlandadv
01-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Anyone have an idea about this? I'd like to be able to assign an importer for each feed, so the author pages display the correct info when viewed.

boarding.major
08-22-2008, 10:22 PM
It's been a while since the last post, but I've got the same question about this as well. Since I as admin am the only one importing feeds, it is getting tough when people click on that link! :rolleyes: Anyone with an idea, pu-leeeeze share.

Thanks

northlandadv
08-22-2008, 11:02 PM
Well, since I posted that question long ago I have come up with the answer :)

You can't actually separate feeds to correctly show the author. Instead you have to tweak your article template a little instead.

1. Create an article template JUST for feeds and assign it to the feed category
2. In the article template, you'll have to remove the author object and replace it with the info from the feed (which you add when you add the feed.)

This way, no actual author will show. The feed source will instead.

If you need a more specific answer, let me know :P

northlandadv
08-22-2008, 11:03 PM
Another way to do it is to set up a new user for each feed author.

srqwebguy
10-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Another way to do it is to set up a new user for each feed author.

I tried setting up a new user for each feed author, then replaced the feed author's name in the feed importer, the result was that the two did not link to one another. Then I tried the feed importer and replace it with the author's name but all the feeds still come into that one category: admin. Were you able to solve the author's page being linked to the feed author's name?
Please let me know. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Peter
09-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Hi,

Just wonder if you have solved this issue, because i have the same problem.

/Peter