PDA

View Full Version : Vivvo 4.0.3 Beta Patch Released

boccio
01-22-2008, 10:07 AM
We just released the 4.0.3 Beta patch (build 2507) addressing several updates and important fixes. This update should also fix the issues with server load on cron_image.php file (http://www.vivvo.net/forums/showthread.php?p=8496#post8496).

As always - be sure to make a backup of your site/database when you update, and also be sure to correctly replace your files on your server :)

The patch can be downloaded from the client area.

Please do not use this thread to post troubleshooting queries or bug reports.

What's New in 4.0.3:
(unofficial changelog)

vBulletin bridge: Article bot -> article link in first post
vBulletin bridge: Enable Vivvo comments after uninstall
SMF and vBulletin bridge: remove MY PROFILE from administration
core: Email to a friend -> duplicate message on multiple send
core: Email address in install -> capital letters included
core: print version URL fixed
core: Rewrite engine, replaced str_replace with preg_replace to fix multiple replacements
Feed Importer: Auto archive - 0 = no archive
Feed Importer: Auto delete – 0 = no delete
core: Custom field File upload
core: Box feed -> move time from hours to minutes
core: Search comments by poster email
core: random article sort
core: Page object assignment
core: Pages search ID filter
core: tag limit fix
core: Articles top rated sort
core: Feed box -> simple pie include path
core: Article active (future date) – disable access via direct URL
core: installation fix -> default preferences for more news
core: tags with quotation mark
core: "Comments ( posted)"
core: Email to a friend template -> UTF-8 in email body, subject and sender.
core: Empty comment can be posted
poll: Text Error (Vote poll Page) -> Wrong Spelling, The "ALL POLES" page that shows you all the Vote polls you have going has a text error. It should say "1 Votes"
poll: Vote Pole (showing Vote Options again) -> Enabling "Cache" is causing problems
core: footer.tpl (Alt tag missing) -> Missing ALT Tag for WC3 Validation
core: alert_important.gif Missing -> Missing image for templates
core: text output -> UTF-8 fix
newsletter: OE -> UTF-8 in email body, subject and sender.
core: Custom URL manager
core: Custom field search
core: Custom field sorting
core: VTE parameters overwrite (vte: param has higher importance from compound parameters)
core: Plug-in auto detection
core: Ticker -> category href
vBulltin bridge: Writer group missing in installation

Dugi
01-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Boccio, should I apply this or not?
Why is it beta and not final release?
When are you going to release the final version

Thanks

bloon
01-27-2008, 02:18 PM
I cannot see patch 4.03 on my client area, sent ticket to support already but still haven't got that patch.

boccio
01-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Boccio, should I apply this or not?
Why is it beta and not final release?
When are you going to release the final version

I definitely recommend applying the patch. It is public beta because we always release patches/updates as beta prior to releasing them as final release. Beta usually lasts 1-3 weeks.

bloon
02-03-2008, 12:16 PM
I think I'll wait for the final 4.03 patch (sorry I never trust beta thingy...so far ) and then I'll patch it

northlandadv
02-03-2008, 03:56 PM
I've been running the developer version of the patch (pre-beta release) and have had no troubles.

starapple
02-04-2008, 04:47 PM
I've been running the developer version of the patch (pre-beta release) and have had no troubles.

I applied the patch and it broke my front page rotating images making them all thumbnails. I rolled back the lib directory and things returned to normal.

northlandadv
02-04-2008, 06:30 PM
That's too bad. I don't use the rotating images which is why I didn't notice. You should post this as a support ticket so they can either solve your issue, or note it as a bug.

mandini76
02-05-2008, 07:31 AM
I also don't see it in my client area....

Alex
02-05-2008, 10:05 AM
I applied the patch and it broke my front page rotating images making them all thumbnails. I rolled back the lib directory and things returned to normal.
This is a known issue for 4.0.3 beta1 patch, already reported and fixed. 4.0.3 beta2 will be out in few days, btw.

bloon
02-09-2008, 09:15 PM
This is a known issue for 4.0.3 beta1 patch, already reported and fixed. 4.0.3 beta2 will be out in few days, btw.
:) anyway....I am still waiting patch 4.03 final (stabil), still not thrust beta...:)

boccio
02-11-2008, 06:21 PM
We released a cumulative update for existing 4.0.3 beta patch, addressing a series of important performance, optimization issues and minor bug fixes reported in Beta1.

4.0.3 Beta2 is available to download from the Client area.

bloon
02-12-2008, 12:17 AM
What is ETA 4.0.3 final patch release?

jhei21
02-12-2008, 02:43 AM
Great news. I am looking forward to the final 4.0.3 release and then i think i will upgrade.

:)

Alex
02-12-2008, 05:22 PM
What is ETA 4.0.3 final patch release?
In approx. 10-12 days.

jhei21
02-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Thanks for that Alex. It allows us to plan our businesses around it.

:)

theodore
02-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Hi

I think it would be good to know the change log for beta2 (what bugs fixed, what improvements e.t.c)

For example i see that change the language file english.php.
Is the change has to do only with wording or adds any tags e.t.c. (as for someone using other language must know)

Thanks

apocan
02-13-2008, 05:45 PM
yeah you are right. Should I translate the Turkish language file again or add new lines?

starapple
02-17-2008, 11:08 PM
Is there a simple way to upgrade apart from uploading each file?

Thanks.

Alex
02-18-2008, 09:23 AM
I don't think I understand? All you need to do is upload/copy files over, how easier can it get?

starapple
02-18-2008, 09:07 PM
I don't think I understand? All you need to do is upload/copy files over, how easier can it get?

I mean like upload the files folder and open an upgrade link in the browser which does the copying. I'm thinking this would be simpler as rather than copying 20 or 30 files individually, everything could be uploaded at once and one wouldn't fear overwriting an old directory with a new one and come up with missing files.

Right now I go folder by folder and upload the files to the server. It means I must have a method to not miss a folder or repeat one unnecessarily.

dave25
02-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Upload all files through FTP software (all files in one time)

starapple
02-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Upload all files through FTP software (all files in one time)

Thanks for the tip. I've done that in the past with other files (not Vivvo) and the new folder simply replaced what was there so some original files (not being updated) were lost and the new ones were uploaded.

May have been a freak accident.

bloon
02-19-2008, 12:26 AM
I mean like upload the files folder and open an upgrade link in the browser which does the copying. I'm thinking this would be simpler as rather than copying 20 or 30 files individually, everything could be uploaded at once and one wouldn't fear overwriting an old directory with a new one and come up with missing files.

Right now I go folder by folder and upload the files to the server. It means I must have a method to not miss a folder or repeat one unnecessarily.
I am agreed with this, The last time I updated patch 4.02 and I did it one by one and somehow I missing 1 file, I end up with error page on my homepage vivvo.

So now I haven't try to update beta 0.3, I just waiting for the final release...

I think this is a good idea..to make life easier for customer..I guess :)

siemens
02-19-2008, 01:20 AM
We released a cumulative update for existing 4.0.3 beta patch, addressing a series of important performance, optimization issues and minor bug fixes reported in Beta1.

4.0.3 Beta2 is available to download from the Client area.

Hi,

To install mobile plugin, I have to upgrade to 4.0.3,
I am trying to upgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0.3 ,.... upgrade work fine, but my server do not support more than 100 visitors at same time, I have always MDB error message..... (with 4.0.2 I have more than 1100 visitors at same time ) .. I have restored all files of 4.0.2 .. And I think that I will wait for a stable release.

Is there any way to install mobile plugin without installing 4.0.3 ?

thanks

siemens

bloon
02-20-2008, 03:07 AM
BTW how many days more needed for final 4.0.3 patch? I want to patch it as soon as before I move my hosting company.

jhei21
02-20-2008, 06:33 AM
In approx. 10-12 days.

Should be in a couple of working days or so. Maybe mid next week?

Alex
02-20-2008, 09:27 AM
It will be available on Monday.

elderban
02-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Is it still coming out today?

I think I'd rather wait for the stable release than install the beta...

Dugi
02-25-2008, 09:20 PM
It will be available on Monday.

Don't mean to be rude but it is really frustrating when you say to people for example "Monday" and then people make plans and you disappoint everyone

thanks

boccio
02-26-2008, 02:35 PM
The release was postponed for one day due to a problem in clean install packages. 4.0.3 is available as of today.