PDA

View Full Version : Repost mod rewrite issues

northlandadv
12-12-2007, 02:07 AM
This forum will not let me post replies to my previous post, so I have to start it again.

Initial post:
Hi, just installed trial and it looks promising, but something is not working. Admin works fine, and main page on live site works fine. When ANY link is clicked on the live site it leads to a bad URL. It's as if the system is not writing the new articles to the live site (as static URLS) although they show up in admin so I know they're in the DB. I also cannot find any of the directories (as show in the URL).

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Your Reply:
http://www.vivvo.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2064 (andy77)

My reply:
I read your linked post, but this was not the answer. I checked directly with my host and confirmed that mod rewrite is active (we tested it.) I still can't get the friendly URLs to work, although the standard URLs work fine. I also tried to add an htaccess file to set mod rewrite but this did not work as well.

Any ideas?

Alex
12-12-2007, 03:12 PM
I assume your virtual host settings do not allow custom HTACCESS... did you ask your host about this?

northlandadv
12-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Yes, they do. We tested it and it works. We used the following htaccess file which worked fine:

----------------------------------------------------
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^dev\..* [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*) http://anotherdomain.com [R=301]
----------------------------------------------------

northlandadv
12-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Also, this is an expensive rackspace server, and I am the primary user. They know what they are talking about!

northlandadv
12-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Here is what Rackspace most recently advised:

The server does allow custom htaccess files. That's how I have created the test under the "(serverpathhere)" folder using a htaccess file.

Does the vendor have any instruction to have this working under a Plesk environment? is there any PHP variables that perhaps need to be ON?

Is it possible for them to run an application configuration test to find out what could be missing on the setup to cause this behavior?

Alex
12-12-2007, 04:46 PM
I suggest you create a support ticket with your server access info, we'll take a look and advise. I'm positive this is an issue with your virtual host settings...

northlandadv
12-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Will do, thank you.