PDA

View Full Version : Feed Importer - Edit?

interfx
12-10-2007, 03:22 AM
I have installed the free trial version, and have added a Feed through the Feed Imorter plugin. When I read the manual, this is says how to edit a feed.

Edit feed
To invoke this window choose the edit icon on the right side of the plug-in name. This is used to edit the subscribed feed. By clicking Save button you will save all changes for selected feed and close this window.

I do not see this anywhere on my screen? How do I do this?

Micha
12-10-2007, 09:31 AM
You should have edit icon on the right side of your feed name, when you click this icon, feed should expand and you should be able to edit this.

interfx
12-10-2007, 01:53 PM
I don't have this anywhere on that screen... I am using the 21 day free version, but really want to see how this works before I purchase...

interfx
12-11-2007, 11:09 PM
I have now tried this again, I enter the Feed URL, and then the Feed Author and then click SAVE...

The attachment, says the Feed Edit Success. But no where doees it show the list of the feeds I have entered. Am I missing something basic here?

Thanks, I'm interested in this product - but do want to see how this works...

andy77
12-12-2007, 03:17 PM
When you go to Feed Importer, right-hand pane should show you the list of currently active feeds. If you do not have it, like in the screen you showed, it means you do not have single active feed.

interfx
12-13-2007, 01:42 AM
Here's exactly what I'm putting in (see screen shot), I click Save, says feed edit success, then back to the screen above, nothing is saved...

URL I'm trying is

http://rss.news.yahoo.com/rss/world

I must be missing something very basic?

interfx
12-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Anyone? This plug in does not seem to work...

dan_rotiu
12-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Anyone? This plug in does not seem to work...

If you are on a shared server you should probably speak with your server admin in order to have mbstring and iconv PHP extensions installed. I had the same issue and that was the problem. Good luck

interfx
12-14-2007, 12:03 PM
UPDATE:

That fixed it, it is working just fine now. As a check, you should add this to the installation check, so others don't have to try and wait until other users tell them how to fix it...

Thanks aagin -
InterFX

starapple
12-26-2007, 04:32 AM
If you are on a shared server you should probably speak with your server admin in order to have mbstring and iconv PHP extensions installed. I had the same issue and that was the problem. Good luck

Is this unique to Vivvo? I used WordPress on my current server before and feeds were imported without a hitch. In fact, I was able to access the WordPress feed in a newsletter mailer application on the same server.

However, I am having the same problem originally described by interfx, in the standard edition of Vivvo. A response from the forum admins would be appreciated as this seems to be a problem raised in a few threads.

starapple
12-26-2007, 05:16 AM
With further searching I found this info: If you don’t have iconv or mbstring, then you will only be able to work with feeds that are in UTF-8, ISO-8859-1, or ASCII.

It would seem that most feeds are not UTF-8, ISO-8859-1, or ASCII.