PDA

View Full Version : On localhost

Maxal
12-08-2007, 08:02 PM
The installation was fine articles were also added without any problem and showing up wherever they were suppose to. But the problem is if I click the title of an article, I get the following error:

The requested URL /trial/Corporates-PR/5.html was not found on this server.

Corporates-PR is category and 5.html is probably the article file name. Any help?

boccio
12-10-2007, 04:12 PM
The way I see it - mod_rewrite issue. Check if you have it installed, or turn off Friendly URLs in Admin.

Maxal
12-10-2007, 08:20 PM
You are right, but mods_rewrite is enable on my localhost.

Alex
12-11-2007, 10:26 AM
It obviously isn't working very good :)
This is 99% mod_rewrite issue, and if you want to check that, instead of URI "/trial/Corporates-PR/5.html" try "index.php?news=5".

Maxal
12-11-2007, 03:41 PM
But I was wondering how come SEO urls were working fine in vivvo 3.5 I had tested on the same server. Plus, I also test a few other applications that worked fine with SEO urls turned on.

By the way, cannot vivvo have the full title of the article istead of put a number.html there?>

Alex
12-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Sure it can - but you need to enter it manually.

As for the issue with mod_rewrite, I'm not sure what to say. Try opening a support ticket with your server access, but frankly I'm not too optimistic about it. There's a great deal of chance you'll get reply to forward this issue to your server administrator...