PDA

View Full Version : SMF Bridge plug-in released (public beta)

boccio
12-03-2007, 04:01 PM
The SMF Forum Bridge is intended to be used with Vivvo CMS and Simple Machines Forum (http://www.simplemachines.org/) (SMF). The bridge integrates these two pieces of software allowing one login, registration, and user modification point for both systems thus comment integration. Integration includes a SMF Bot, which will automatically create a new topic when a user wishes to discuss/comment the article.

Much like the vBulletin Bridge plug-in, this one is free and available to everyone. You can download it within your client area (https://www.vivvo.net/orders/client_login.php) section, and public documentation is located in docs section of our website.

ting
12-04-2007, 02:17 AM
Congrat for the new plugin, but I found this exploit on the wild (SMF exploit every version).

Just so you know..

SMF forum ALL versions exploit

1) Get a PHP Shell (like c99shell)

2) RENAME it in c99.php.zip (DON'T PUT THE SHELL IN THE ARCHIVE BUT RENAME IT)

3) Now upload the renamed c99 like an attachment on the victim's SMF forum

4) Default admin is disabled the "encrypt filenames" option, so :

You can found the shell here:

[target]/[path]/attachments/c99.php.zip

5) You owned the website already :)

Just for the head up and keep up a good work

apocan
12-04-2007, 10:56 AM
good job vivvo team ...

vbulletin, smf... I think this time phpBB :P

dcei
01-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Has anyone tried this yet, or ever used SMF before? We're taking a look at adding forums, but have only used php_bb in the past.

If anyone has used the bridge, I'd appreciate hearing their comments. Also, is it possible to use vivvo template structure for the SMF forums, so forums look like the site?

northlandadv
01-10-2008, 02:48 AM
I tried it, and couldn't get the bridge to work. SMF, though, is exceptionally easy to work with and is a great, and simple, BB.

Also, no, you can't really get the forum to integrate unless you have the knowledge to do so. What I mean is that the plugin is not an integration, just a bridge. You have to understand how to manipulate the templates and CSS to do any kind of integration (for both forums and Vivvo.)

It's doable to integrate, it's just not plug and play.

zeddyblue
08-26-2008, 10:10 PM
Congrat for the new plugin, but I found this exploit on the wild (SMF exploit every version).

Just so you know..

Just for the head up and keep up a good work

I am having a problem after installing this bridge. It was working fine after i installed it last night, but when I tried to get to my website today it was just showing up blank pages. The folder where SMF was installed is also missing from my server. Could this have anything to do with this exploit in the earlier post?? Any ideas on how to get my website back up an running?

shketuljko
08-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Did you open the support ticket?
I think that your problem is solved.

zeddyblue
08-28-2008, 04:14 PM
yes that was my support ticket...all fixed, but i am still worried about the security issue so i am going to get rid of SMF

boarding.major
09-06-2008, 06:47 AM
Another question... I believe that the registration/member/login part of the bridge is working well. I even figured out how to create a navigation link to the forums from my Vivvo home page. But does anyone know how to create some sort of visible link in the forum so that members can go back to the website? People might want to leave the site via the forum, but then again, they might not. :0(

Assist appreciated!

jsf
01-07-2009, 07:23 AM
I was just wondering what the status of this plug-in is. Documentation for it is still available on the site, but it doesn't appear in the downloads section and links to it from the site search 404. Has this plug-in been discontinued?

Thanks in advance.

AlexanderBeers
02-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Hi;)

:)thanks for ur useful info...

its rocking........:)

www.staffingpower.com

sentersoftech

DarrenAnthony
03-20-2009, 11:31 AM
HI

thanks for ur useful info...