PDA

View Full Version : Vivvo 4.0.2 Patch Released

boccio
11-26-2007, 01:20 PM
We just released the 4.0.2 patch addressing several updates and fixes. This update should fix the issues that have popped up since the 4.0.1 release version. Be sure to make a backup of your site/database when you update, and also be sure to correctly replace your files on your server. View changelog. (http://www.vivvo.net/forums/../changelog.php)

The patch can be downloaded from the client area.

Please do not use this thread to post troubleshooting queries or bug reports.

ozark
11-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Is this the same as the v4.0.2 RC build 2397 that you already released? I don't see anything else in my download area. Also, are you going to be updating the paid templates to match the changes you made to the default template?

boccio
11-26-2007, 07:23 PM
Yes, if you applied 4.0.2 RC version, no need to do it again. There was no changes meanwhile.

Pedro
11-26-2007, 09:34 PM
I am in my client are but can not find the download section for the lates patch. Where should i look? thx

Sola
11-27-2007, 02:40 AM
Support, If this fixes the inability of VV to post comments to VB in an integrated environment, is there an option to keep the comments still within VV (not start new thread) still in the same integrated scenario?

I like the integration at the user level as it is - with the comments remaining in VV. I don't fancy the idea of comments starting in limbo in VB.

Thanks.

boccio
11-27-2007, 12:14 PM
The vBulletin integration cannot be separated on users/posts segments. At this point it is all or nothing.

mrgtb
11-27-2007, 08:11 PM
I read that the Vote Poll bug was fixed. yet, I can still see on my own site, that even after installing the latest patch. There is still a problem when you have Cache enabled, and you have already voted on a poll on the homepage. With it giving you the option to vote again sooner or later (it doesn't happen straight away!). Even though your logged in).

And if you try to vote it does nothing. This problem only happens when Cache is enabled. And to get rid of the screen asking you to vote again and show you the results instead. You have to delete all the files in the cache folder to see the results of the vote poll, along with your vote you already cast.

Alex
11-27-2007, 08:23 PM
You already asked that, and you were already answered. Therefore, there is no way you could read that this bug was fixed.

http://www.vivvo.net/forums/showpost.php?p=6922&postcount=11

mrgtb
11-27-2007, 08:23 PM
The vBulletin integration cannot be separated on users/posts segments. At this point it is all or nothing.

I think it's best to keep vBulletin intergration quite limited, some people like myself don't want to use a forum with the software. And instead just use a CMS system for articles. I would hate to see vBulletin get hardcoded in Vivvo, just so it better intergation. Best as it is - just a module intergation with nothing hardcoded into the files for vBulletin.

So we still have the choice to use the software without any forum intergration, and "NOT" having to put up with vBulletin hardcoded in the Vivvo files.

mrgtb
11-27-2007, 08:24 PM
OK, sorry. I was under the illution is was called fixed in the latest patch.

Sola
11-28-2007, 02:48 AM
The vBulletin integration cannot be separated on users/posts segments. At this point it is all or nothing.I guess it has to be nothing for me then.

Maybe i feel this way really because I am yet to see the integration working in an ideal scenario (since it has been buggy from the time I recently joined this bandwagon).

From what I read here though, the actual article remains in VV and the comments START THERE OWN THREAD in a dedicated forum in VB. If anyone stumbles on that thread without going through VV, how would they know the comments are associated with a VV article and not just hanging about disembodied in the forum?

I think to make the VB as comments system work properly, at the article posting stage, an exact copy of the article (stripped of the images maybe) should also be created as a thread in the forum, to which all comments now get appended.

Currently, my members post their comments on VV. Because they are logged into VB, VV picks up their username in the comments (at least that's the way it appears in the backend). So their comments under their usernames appear on VV. To disable it, which is what I have to do now, they will have to post comments like outsiders. This is what I will settle for of course.

I'd like it to gon on record that the VB as commenting system needs a rethink.

mrgtb
11-28-2007, 02:54 AM
If a person comes across a thread in vB and doesn't see the VV article first to know what the commnets are about I see your point.

Maybe a good solution for that would be this. When the comments start a new thread in vB. Can a LINK BACK leading to the Article in VV not also be posted with it. So people know what the comments where about. And a link is also posted with the commnet that leads back to the original article in VV.

You could have VV add this to the thread:

Check the original article here: vv link

Commnets

boccio
11-28-2007, 10:12 AM
I agree, this will be sorted out in 4.0.3... There will be link back to article with information from ArticleBot.

Sola
11-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Thank you for considering it.

Big Island
12-03-2007, 01:21 PM
What will this upgrade do if you've done custom work for us?

boccio
12-03-2007, 03:51 PM
You can apply the upgrade without any worries... Make sure to backup the website just in case.

felixr
12-08-2007, 09:25 PM
I would like to find out a Upgrade Guide, so I´m translating to spanish and I would like not to translate again some files. ¿What files should I to upload?
Thanks., Felix:)