PDA

View Full Version : How to enable submit news system?

BJmal
11-24-2007, 10:07 PM
hello
is there way to let people can submit news and moderator active it or no?

thanks

Micha
11-26-2007, 09:31 AM
I'm not sure I understand your question.

Can you be more specific about this matter?

BJmal
11-26-2007, 03:34 PM
I mean isn’t there any thing like user or member can submit news
click on submit page
and wait moderator to accept ?

thanks

Micha
11-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment.

pcoskat
11-28-2007, 01:49 PM
Can anyone create a modification for this? I really need it for my next site. Unfortunately, that feature is a 'deal breaker' between Vivvo and another platform...

zwenthe
11-28-2007, 06:22 PM
There are ways to do to it... it might not be the most elegant. But you could create a form that submits to the article database and puts the article pending. At the same time the form would send the moderator an email letting them know there was a submission. The moderator would go to the pending file and approve or delete the article.

apocan
11-28-2007, 09:10 PM
cool :) but how can we do this or who ? :)

zwenthe
11-28-2007, 09:22 PM
It would need to be programmed. I have no need for it right now, nor a lot of time, but its something I could do when I get around to it. If someone needs it they can outsource the work.

I love to contribute, but I've got too many paid projects to work on a free contribution right now, but its something I could look at doing later.

Zack

boccio
11-29-2007, 11:45 AM
you could create a form that submits to the article database and puts the article pending. At the same time the form would send the moderator an email letting them know there was a submission. The moderator would go to the pending file and approve or delete the article.
This is basically the way this should be done. One addition, though. You can use the standard "add article" form as standalone (outside the admin path) to submit articles to database.

Apart from that, this is pretty much what it takes to have Vivvo a "public submission article directory" :) We'll see to have this mod/extension inside our Resources section, but I can't promise when.

apocan
11-29-2007, 08:33 PM
thanks guys :)