PDA

View Full Version : Metacontent

CEC
10-21-2007, 08:06 AM
Is there the capacity to write independent meta titles -- or is the <title> contingent on some visible element of body text (i.e., category, or article title). If the control is not availble, is anyone available of outside modifications such as exists for WordPress, Joomla, and other CMSs?

I've read some of the downplaying of metaconent in earlier post. The fact is, however, well written metaconent remains a very important factor in SEO -- and the <title> is king.

CEC
10-21-2007, 05:56 PM
sorry ... jumbled my wording a bit in that post. Try again:

Is there the capacity to write independent meta titles -- or is the <title> contingent on some visible element of body text (i.e., category, or article title). If the control is not availble, is anyone out there aware of an available outside modifications such as exists for WordPress, Joomla, and other CMSs?

I've read some downplaying of metaconent in earlier posts. The fact is, however, well written metaconent remains a very important factor in SEO -- and the <title> is king.

EWorld
10-21-2007, 09:13 PM
sofar you just can add the meta keywords and description for each article.

boccio
10-22-2007, 10:53 AM
Try looking here:
http://www.vivvo.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1575

CEC
10-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Could a custom field be developed? Again, to override the use of an article title, or other body elements. I see what's at the link you've sent -- a good default setting if the time isn't going to be taken to specifically write each -- which I would like to do, and which I have found successful in other CMSs, directory, and ecommerce scripts with this commonplace feature.

Alex
10-29-2007, 12:04 PM
Yes, you can develop a custom field.
http://www.vivvo.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1580

CEC
10-29-2007, 05:05 PM
thanks, alex.

justangel
01-23-2008, 06:25 AM
Yes i find it odd that a CMS so complex doesn't have this options. To edit the head content you must develop your own fields.