PDA

View Full Version : Upload of in-articles images

dave25
10-05-2007, 10:49 AM
When a writer or editor compose an article and want to insert some images into it, how can they do it ?
Do they have to upload images manually with ftp program or can they upload through the text editor ?

My intention is to give certain writers true independence, so they can upload there own images, maybe even create new images folder for each article folder.
This is similar to what the "MCImageManager" (for the tinyMCE) plugin does.

Maquinasoft
10-09-2007, 12:20 AM
Yes, god idea!! congratulation
Maxi from spain

Capper
10-09-2007, 12:48 AM
What I did, and would recommend......

Add an image folder into your site root (In my systems its called (articles), I then created sub folders within "articles" for different articles types. I have people upload their images into a folder with the articles name, so it would be public_html/articles/(article name).

There is a setting, and I'll find it for you that when you press the image icon in the tool bar, takes you directly to the "articles folder" (After you set the path to it).

I've found this to be the best way of doing it for a few reasons......first it makes managing photos much easier, as you build up a coollection, its easy to add/delete/exchange images. Second, if you do something like change editors, or even CMS, its all external to the application, and won't affect you images or image links.

dave25
10-09-2007, 01:26 AM
Thanks Capper.
But the question is: Did you create one folder for all articles and tell the people to name there images for each specific article or do you create a folder for each article ?
If yes for the second option, how do you create the folder for each article? do you do that through FTP or able to do that within Vivvo ?

Capper
10-09-2007, 05:51 AM
My main folder is "articles", it has severl sub-folders for each categorey, which int turn has folders for each article. you can name your folders by date, by article title, anything you want.

dave25
10-09-2007, 08:40 PM
How do you create these folders ? through Vivvo's panel or do you have to create them with FTP software ?

Capper
10-10-2007, 01:56 PM
I created one master folder on the FTP called "articles", from there i created sub-folders for the different categories.......then had writers upload their artiicle images into the appropriate sub folder ina folder named for the article:

example:

public_html/articles/cat_1/article_1/img_1,jpg (or whatever)

so all the images are in one big folder, divided by categories, and listed by articles. so to set permissions, you can create additional FTP accounts, and only give them access to the the folders you want them to work within.

tunatamaker
05-16-2008, 02:30 AM
how do you set the default folder?