PDA

View Full Version : Recommend A Host

berto
10-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Looking around for a host which will suit the new Vivvo 4.

Would love your feedback on your current hosts.

(Please don't P'off the Vivvo team by spamming the board)

Sauk
10-02-2007, 12:00 AM
I currently use surpasshosting.com

Solid and not to expensive. I have been with them now for half a year.

Maky70
10-02-2007, 12:17 AM
Checkout the Tera-Host from HostICan: http://www.hostican.com/hosting/shared-hosting.php

You can host unlimited domains for $11/month with a lot of features and 3GB of space. You can control all your domains from a single Cpanel interface, assign space/email accounts/etc for each domain, yet get many other cool features. They offer 30-day money-back guarantee.

I've been hosting several domains since years on HostICan; some of them have over 50,000 visitors/month with almost 99% uptime and excellent customer service; much better than Godaddy or other big names out there :)

berto
10-02-2007, 12:49 AM
Can I just ask, have both of you guys tested Vivvo 4 RC1 on your current host?

Maky70
10-02-2007, 01:39 AM
I have tested Vivvo Beta2 on my host, and it worked just fine, except those bugs that were already reported on Vivvo 4 Beta bug tracker forum :D

Capper
10-02-2007, 02:31 AM
I'd recommend either HostGator or InMotion Hosting. Both have excellent support systems and both have a variety of packages for every price range. I've used both with Vivvo, and several other CMS applications with no problems at all.

andy77
10-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Bluehost works just fine... tested with Vivvo 4.

berto
10-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Thanks guys, will check them all out.

Been with my host for over 10 years and have never had any problems. I am currently on a Windows platform so looking for something to run Vivvo smoothly on.

I also use AceNet which are my apache providers, have a vps but for some reason Vivvo 4 has issues running on it. There is a hell of a lot of .core file dumps which from my understanding happens when a script crashes, in this case Vivvo - I have contacted the V team but no response so far so i'm stuck in limbo.

Thanks again.

apocan
10-02-2007, 09:44 PM
maybe all of you here know taht I had problems with my host provider and I m still having problem with my host although I changed it.

People who are using vivvo without problems please talk about your site traffic. If its really much and there is no problem I can use the same host. Really. I m looking a hosting provider that can suit vivvo.

Although I changed my server and I m not usind 3.5 (because og high loads - 2000 articles) and using v4 with clean database, I have still problmes with my new server anf he says there are problems.

30-40 visitors visit my vivvo site at the same time and nearly 1000 unique visitors. Any suggestion for me also?

zwenthe
10-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Try a vps from Knownhost... they are a great provider and have excellent customer support.

I use them to great success.

I've installed 4 RC1 with no problems, runs fast and when I feel Vivvo is ready I will move it into production.

I run mulitple Vivvo sites off my servers, including a multi-site version of vivvo that I created. The servers don't blink.

Questions, let me know.

apocan
10-02-2007, 10:31 PM
I had tried a VPS system 2 days ago with 256 mb ram and it wasnt enough for me again :)

berto
10-02-2007, 11:26 PM
I had tried a VPS system 2 days ago with 256 mb ram and it wasnt enough for me again :)

Why don't you just try a dedicated?

Sauk
10-03-2007, 12:33 AM
how many people do you have on at a time? or how many visitors per day?

zwenthe
10-03-2007, 12:36 AM
256mb of ram is not enough... I am guessing you also have some sort of control panel like cpanel, or plesk. Those take a big chunk of RAM.

If you want your site to perform like a top tier site, you have to be willing to use the necessary equipment.

boccio
10-03-2007, 09:38 AM
I'd recommend either HostGator or InMotion Hosting. Both have excellent support systems and both have a variety of packages for every price range.
What plan do you have with them? dedicated box, vps or shared?

For a site with 1000 uniques a day - this should be enough. Then again, it all depends what are those 1000 guys doing on the site, in other words - what resources are they using... If I were in your shoes, I'd probably go for 512Mb.

If you want your site to perform like a top tier site, you have to be willing to use the necessary equipment.
Absolutely true.

One thing I never understood, is that hosting providers and people looking for "fast and reliable" hosting never actually check where the data center is, and what is the actual connectivity speed... What use do I have of 150Gb bandwidth if visitors wait 20 seconds for site to load...

apocan
10-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Why don't you just try a dedicated?

Are you sure :) I dont think it is worth only for one site to try a dedicated server. And also if I have no revenue from this site there is no point in doing that :)

how many people do you have on at a time? or how many visitors per day?

per a day (changable) : min : 1000 max : 2000-2200

sometimes there are 50-60 visitors at a time if vivvo and server permit it could be higher :)

One thing I never understood, is that hosting providers and people looking for "fast and reliable" hosting ...

I m searching for this and want to be comfortable with my site. my site was closed 5 days because of server problems. I still have problems althoug I m using a clean database (temporarily). Please show me a really good hosting providers that can suit my site or are there any one who have a hosting company here can help me :)

apocan
10-04-2007, 09:34 AM
now I really need help. Really :( its the third time my site is suspended. server said that because of vivvo cpu usage was higher than normal and he suspended. I couldnt say anything. now my site is again closed :( is it only me who have problems? arent there any users who has the same traffic or much more than my site?

can't any server suit my site? or which one can suit. I saw riverplate.com was bigger than my site. and vox.gi also one of the biggest as far as I know. Which package are they (you) using ? dedicates? vps? reseller? shared hosting and which company?

please help me... :(

(I have to say that even with V4 and clean database I had problem )

kovacs
04-04-2008, 10:47 AM
I am running a dedicated Linux server from Viviotech: http://www.viviotech.net/

I have been with them for about two years now and can only say that their support is top notch!

I have the Standard Root plan but with an extra gig of RAM (so 2GB) and it runs both my vBulletin forums and Vivvo without problems. About 3-4000 users/day and >15,000 page impressions, on average.

I tried various combinations of VPS and hosted plans but decided that in the long run I wanted more control...

apocan
04-04-2008, 10:57 AM
now I dont have any problem with my server (and hope I won't) any more :)

Frankc
04-09-2008, 10:15 PM
If anyone have a problem with their vivvo installation at their current ISP please feel free to contact me for a test run on one of our servers.

This is NOT an advertisement because I in fact not even really cater for international clients (I am in South Africa but datacenter is in Atlanta).

One you contacted me via PM I will give you for two days access to a hosting account under one of our parked domains so that you can setup your vivvo site and test it for comparisation purposes.

(It would be difficult to test a site properly without the necessary traffic so what I suggest is that you create a duplicate site on the test domain and once done redirect traffic from the original domain to the temp domain for say 24 hours and then simply remove the redirect)

To prevent abuse you MUST already have a live vivvo site running so pls PM me your url too.

phrozen755
04-23-2008, 05:42 PM
I use knownhost with their VPS package.

$45 a month, they always have promotions and have the BEST support you'll ever get with any host.

It's a great VPS, stupid fast and I have 11 domains hosted on the same box...running like a true champ!

www.knownhost.com, I love these guys!

theodore
04-23-2008, 09:42 PM
I use knownhost .... and have the BEST support you'll ever get with any host.

Me too and strongly agree!!

northlandadv
05-02-2008, 05:47 AM
Just out of curiosity, is there a demand for high quality Vivvo hosting? We don't usually resell our server space but, if there is a demand for Vivvo-specific hosting, this may be something we will explore.

We currently have a 100% uptime Rackspace server with plenty of drive space (2x250GB RAID), memory, daily backups, and 1000GB/month allowance (which we don't even come near using.) We would offer a Plesk control panel for all hosting accounts. Datacenter is in Houston.

Is this something we should consider offering? This is a top-notch dedicated hosting environment; what kind of price is it worth monthly? I would appreciate everyone's opinion on this to see if it's something we should pursue.

Thanks!

dhondu
11-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Looking around for a host which will suit the new Vivvo 4.

Would love your feedback on your current hosts.

(Please don't P'off the Vivvo team by spamming the board)

i am personally using dot5hostig.They charge$ 4.95 with 1year free domain.you can google for coupons for 5 to 25% off.here i found one for 20%

www.dot5hosting.com

link for discount code for 20% (http://www.tkqlhce.com/dq122wmuiqt7ACCH9DE798BEEGHH)