PDA

View Full Version : Banner Managment

NationalExpositor.com
09-10-2007, 05:30 AM
Will there be a easier way to add banners? I can't figure out at all how to use the banner plugin.

boccio
09-10-2007, 07:47 AM
I don't see how easier can it get. Did you read Banner Management plug-in at all?

NationalExpositor.com
09-10-2007, 11:06 PM
yes, if this is the page you are talking about - http://www.vivvo.net/doc/Plug-in-Manual.pdf. I'm not a programmer, I don' t get how to set up zones with all the copy and pasting. It's all french to me. I thought areas would already be set up the way the articles are, and you just add the banners and there you go.

NationalExpositor.com
09-15-2007, 12:24 AM
Is there any better instructions on how to set up banner zones anywhere on this forum?

For instance - After you create Zone and Banners in this Zone you need to generate code of Zone and paste this code in template files. You can paste code in (commonly used templates): - index.tpl - to display on home page. - category_Main.tpl - to display on category page. - article_full.tpl - to display in full article view page.

What does this mean? "After you create zone banners in this zone" zone banners in what zone? then paste zone code in template files. Where are the template files? and where exactly in the template files do I paste the code?

zwenthe
09-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Create a zone... title it whatever you want. Click Generate Code. Copy that code and paste it in your template files, which are located under the templates tag in the left column.

Pick the template you want it to be in, and paste the code where you want it to display.

If this is still confusing, I suggest enlisting the help of a designer to help you set things up.

NationalExpositor.com
09-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Thanks zwenthe, You're the only one helping me out here. I'll give it a try.

NationalExpositor.com
09-18-2007, 03:31 AM
Holy Moly, I did it, thanks Zwenthe

zwenthe
09-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Glad I could help...