PDA

View Full Version : Vivvo 4 features

Sarah
09-03-2007, 08:39 AM
Vivvo 4 sounds promising and a big step from 3.x. the listed v.4 features in another post are incomplete since I've seen other threads about static pages, a better vb integration, updated RSS feeds, and few others! I'd appreciate if you post an updated list of v.4 features on this forum.

You need to focus on the following: improving users management & control to access certain areas of the web site, better RSS/Atom syndication, improved commenting system, and a powerful yet easy templating engine to change the look of default skins. I see that more free templates & skins should be given with future versions. A blogging section integrated within Vivvo CMS that allow users to blog and/or participate in topic discussions would be a great feature.

Any updates on v.4 release date or demo section?

pcoskat
09-03-2007, 03:19 PM
...better RSS/Atom syndication,

What do you mean by this?

apocan
09-03-2007, 09:13 PM
I want better RSS system too. it doesnt work properly. sometimes it is down but I dont know the reason. maybe there is a problem with Turkish letters

boccio
09-04-2007, 08:10 AM
The release date of v4 is end of September, as for public demo - it will be available in second half of the month.

Sarah
09-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Thanks, I'll be waiting then to try the new demo soon and experiment with new features

better RSS/Atom sync simply means something that's better than the current implementation of RSS in Vivvo 3, at least equal to the same in the latest ExpressionEngine or Wordpress versions where a RSS 2.0 icon is available on every published article or story besides certain categories or the whole news section with full support of content feeds with RSS 2.0 specs.