Vivvo CMS Support Forum Home | Free Trial | Online Demo | Docs and Manuals | Order Now   

Go Back   Vivvo CMS Support Forums > Vivvo 4 > Product Suggestions
Register Projects FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Suggestions Do you have any suggestion for this version? Please, share it here.

Old 07-27-2008, 02:48 AM   #1
mahong

Default suggest for blog plugin

i think, this one will be easy for you guys, because you already made mobile plugin, so why don't you guys make a blog plugin too, that would be so nice
Old 07-27-2008, 04:34 AM   #2
northlandadv

What would this blog plugin do? Why not just use the blog theme, so Vivvo looks like a blog?
Old 07-27-2008, 09:55 AM   #3
Alex

Alex is on a distinguished road

Exactly.

http://www.vivvo.net/resources/case-...ase-study.html
http://www.vivvo.net/resources/downl...sets/blog.html
Old 07-27-2008, 07:09 PM   #4
mahong

Default confused

does that means you have to install the cms again in subdomain or sub folder and use the blog theme? why can we just have it attached to the main sites like the mobile?
Old 07-27-2008, 07:18 PM   #5
northlandadv

No, see the posts for instructions. It's an installed as a template set so you can assign it to an entire site, category, etc.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:24 PM   #6
northlandadv

Also, if you want your template to look like Wordpress, or another blog (front page with articles as title, image, summary in a long list organized by date) we can do this as a custom modification. You could also have pagination at the bottom of the main page to scroll through all the articles on the site, like a blog.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:31 PM   #7
mahong

Default no my question is

take a look at the example of
http://showroom.myvivvo.com/blog

i mean he has the same content on myvivvo.com

say i want to have blog related to my site, does that means i have to install twice to use as a blog or not necessary?
or what?

not getting it please explain in details, if you have the idea
Old 07-27-2008, 07:39 PM   #8
northlandadv

I guess it depends on what you want to do.

1. No, you don't have to have a separate installation to make your current site look like a blog.

2. If you want a separate site, on a separate domain, but want to have it looking like a blog and use the same data as the main site, you can do it.

3. If you want only one section of your website to look like a blog, and the rest of the site NOT look like a blog, you can do that too.

SOOO.........you can do it any way you want. I'll be able to answer your question better if you tell me what you WANT to do. That way I'll actually know what you're after, rather than just answering a bunch of questions.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:42 PM   #9
northlandadv

Maybe it would also help to explain that a blog is not a "function", but rather a way of showing your articles. Any blog is just a set of categories and articles, just like Vivvo. To make something LOOK like a blog is a matter of changing templates/themes. This can include changing layouts, changing what's shown (author, image, ordering, etc) and how they are arranged.

The bottom line is that a Vivvo "blog" plug in does not make any sense, since it already has all this functionality of a blog built in. What you need to do is change the way Vivvo looks, so it looks like a blog.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:47 PM   #10
lasvegas
Senior Vivvo User

lasvegas is on a distinguished road
Default I know what he meant

He meant to have blogs associated with the main domain . You have vivvo installed in the main root and you are using the default template but you want to have a category with blogs associated to your main site like www.yoursitevivvodefaulttemplates.com/blogs if you want to do now you have to use wordpress or other in a subdirectory . I know that by the structure of vivvo you can give access to an user to become a writer and you can by an instance create a category for that writer and name it blog but if you are using the default template everything will be the same format.
He wants like a mordern newspaper or other cms that you have the main thing and a blogs associate to the same site and under the same cms.
You might want to take a look to Social Engine they have several plug ins including one for blogs.
By the way I would love vivvo to be able to use the feed importer for youtube videos.
Take a look here, as you see they charge I wont mind paying vivvo for some of these pluggins as others wont either:
http://www.radcodes.com/shop/index.p...=social_engine
http://www.radcodes.com/shop/index.p...r_plugin_v1.20
The blogs pluggin the idea is here
http://www.socialengine.net/order.php they charge 40 for it
Vivvo is the best by far
lasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote